Chandigarh, the city beautiful is known for many things and some of them are the exciting events that take place here. The spirits of the city are at an all-time high with the beginning of a new year and a new decade at the same time. Yes, we are in the 2020s now! While this year will mean a new beginning for everyone, Chandigarh City is not staying behind. The city has always managed to entertain and attract people with exquisite events and a lavishing lifestyle.
For many years, Chandigarh has been hosting many major events in the city from the start of the year. Fortunately for us, this year is no different as the city beautiful will be hosting a plethora of amazing events in the very first month of the year 2020. The city surely knows what it means to start the year with a bang. From a TEDx event to a Marathon, Chandigarh has a lot in store for this January and people are all up for it. With that said, here are the upcoming events in Chandigarh this month:
TEDxChandigarh 2020 Conference
The theme of TEDxChandigarh 2020 is “The Future, Reimagined”. This will be the third edition of TEDxChandigarh and will be held at Tagore Theatre, Sector 18, Chandigarh. This year’s lineup is packed with amazing people from around the world. There will be more than 18 speakers having different backgrounds and stories to share. We already know a little bit about them, but this event will provide a larger insight.
The event will be held at Tagore Theatre, Chandigarh on 12th Jan 2020 starting at 10:00 AM. There are only 800 seats available in the Theatre, so, book yours as soon as you can. Tea, lunch, and refreshments will be included in the ticket price and you will get a certificate of participation. Here is the list of some major speakers:
- Daniel Fitzgerald
- Jassa Ahluwalia
- Mina Soltangheis
- Rajesh Kumar
- Amit Ganjoo
- Dr. Sandhya Sriram
- Ridhima Pandey
- Sanjyot Keer
- Saravjeet Singh Bedi
These are just some of the people that will be at the event. The full lineup is even greater than this. Book your tickets while you can and be a part of this empowering event.
Mrs. Chandigarh- A Woman of Substance
Tricity’s number one pageant for married women is back. Driven forward by women empowerment, this pageant reaches out to beautiful and talented married women of the Tricity to be a part of the contest and make a name for themselves. The main aim is to open the doors for them to follow and achieve their dreams and develop a fanbase. The event will take place at Park Plaza, Zirakpur, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar on 12th Jan 2020 starting at 7:00 AM. Book your tickets to witness this amazing event.
Punjab Winter Half Marathon
We talked about beauty, we talked about brains, now let’s talk about fitness. The annual Punjab Winter Half Marathon will take place this year as well on 26th January 2020. The Marathon will be conducted in three categories, 21 Km Warrior Run, 10 Km Spirit Run, and 5 Km Cool Run. All of these will be timed runs and will begin one after the other in this order:
- 10 Km Run (Timed Run): 6:00 AM
- 21 Km Run (Timed Run): 6:30 AM
- 5 Km Run (Timed Run): 6:45 AM
The event will take place at Gillco Parkhills, Mohali on 26th January 2020 starting from 6:00 AM. You can book your place in the Marathon and be a part of this amazing and energizing event. Here are some instructions from the organizers of the event:
- Have a light breakfast before you leave your home.
- If you are not well, DO NOT RUN.
- If someone asks for your help, help first.
- At the start of the run, avoid running fast, you should be able to talk with your running companions.
- If you start feeling unwell while running, STOP and tell people around you.
- Your Bib must be put on your chest on your T-Shirt, and not on your back.
- Wearing of the Bib is compulsory.
- You will get water, energy drink, and energizers all along the route. Please pause and re-hydrate. Drinking water is important.
- If at any point you feel uncomfortable, reduce your speed and ask for help.
- Participate in the warm-up session before the race.
- At the end of the race, take time to relax and enjoy the remaining part of the event. Before you leave, make sure you are feeling absolutely fine.
- Listen to the volunteers along the route and follow instructions.
- Use the toilet as soon as you reach the venue.
- After you finish your race, do not stop immediately. Cooldown and drink enough water so that you have to use the toilet at least once.
- Have a good night’s sleep on Friday and Saturday, do not stay up late.
- Do not litter the Route, please.
- Don’t forget to have fun! Have fun, smile, and show good sportsmanship.
- There will be photographers on the road, so, smile!!!
So, there you have it. These are the three major events that will take place in the city beautiful, Chandigarh in the first month of 2020. Just like every year, the start of this year in Chandigarh will be amazing with these exciting and energizing events. Happy New Year!!!